Friday, July 12, 2013

Coconut and white chocolate cupcakes



    So easy to make! and so delicious, this is one of my favorite recipes. Everyone loves coconut and white chocolate. The combination of both make this cupcakes crazy good!. And what if I tell you I used a cake mix box to make them? These are perfect to shine at any get together or event.

Today is my birthday!. I have to confess that each year gets harder and harder to fully understand just how old I am... I remember when my mother was my age!
I have the same friends that I had at 6 , I still hang out with my college friends, everything remains the same, except is not, we are not six or 19, we are all mothers and wifes, my eyes are different, my body carries the scars of my pregnancies, is wider, softer. I dont like to party anymore, I rather have a good dinner with good company. I love my family more than I love myself. All my money is for them, I dont care anymore if I have fancy clothes, or the latest handbag, I am all grown up and my strength is not in myself anymore, my strengh, my force, comes from my husband, my mother, my little ones. I feel stronger and wiser, but I am more afraid now, because now I am not alone.

And, to celebrate, a friend of mine came to my house and gave me a present, she came without warning  and I allways like to offer something to my guests, when I saw her on my porch I ran to my kitchen , made a list of ingredients and made her these.



coconut white chocolate cupcakes



If you want to make them too, you will need: (yields 12 to 15 cupcakes)

  • A white cake mix. ( my favorite is Duncan Hines)
  • The number of eggs that your box requires.
  • The amount of oil that your box requires.
  • 1/2 cup whole milk.
  • 1/2 cup coconut flavored yogurt.
  • 3/4 cup shredded coconut ( unsweetened).
Just mix all the ingedients together, fill your cupcake liners and bake as directed on the box!
They are that easy!

For the White Chocolate Frosting:

  • 7 oz white chocolate for baking, chopped. 
  • 8 oz ( 250 gr) softened cream cheese.
  • 1/4 cup ( 50 ml.) softened butter
  • 1/ 2 tsp ( 2 ml.) vanilla 
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
Melt the white chocolate on the microwave making 30 second intervals , stirring it every interval. Let the chocolate cool a little. Meanwhile, on your mixer cream butter and cream cheese until uniform in color and texture. Then add the chocolate and vanilla, mix until well blended. Slowly add the powdered sugar, beat well. 

coconut white chocolate cupcakes


This is my absolute favorite frosting ever! I don´t lie, I love it! I could eat it with a spoon directly from the bowl ( well, in fact I do that) . I found this amazing recipe on the  Pampered Chef . I just use more powdered sugar to make it thick and I use 1 oz. more of white chocolte so the sugar wont drown the flavor. This recipe makes white chocolate cupcakes too! and they are good, but they require inserting white chocolate truffles. Yumy! right? But I found that all that white chocolate on one bite can be to much for some people (well, most people) so I like to keep it a little less sweet. ( just a little! haha)

I used a 2E noozle to pipe them and added just a dash of edible golden glitter to make them special. 
Happy Birthday to me! 

If you want to make this with the glitter , this is how I made them:

Once you have the noozle on your piping bag, open your piping bag as opened as you can , and with the help  of a spoon, put some frosting on just one side in a very thin line, start the closest to the noozle as you can and continue your frosting line to the top of your piping bag, stop when you reach the middle or a little more. then grab with your fingers your edible glitter and let it go on the line (just like a glue and glitter DIY proyect) trying to stick as many glitter as you can to your frosting line. Stand your piping bag on top of a plate because all the non sticked glitter is going to fall!, then fill your piping bag as usual and pipe as desired. 


coconut white chocolate cupcakes

edible glitter cupcakes






No comments:

Post a Comment